Reliable digital technology by HAKKO – Introducing the HAKKO FX-888D
Excellent thermal recovery
Heater output has been increased by 30% compared to that of the conventional models HAKKO 936/937. Also FX-888D delivers excellent thermal recovery by using T18 series tips for their terrific heat conductivity.This allows soldering at a lower set temperature and reducing the thermal impact on components as well as tip oxidation that can shorten tip life.
Thermal recovery graph Rise time to 350°C is 20 seconds faster and tip temperature drop is reduced during.
HAKKO FX-888D performance comparison graph with conventional stations Able to shorten the time required for the same work and improve work efficiency significantly.
Designed to be User-Friendly
* Small footprint
Compact station body requires a space of only 100 (W) x 120 (D) mm. What’s more, points that come into contact with the floor are positioned as close to the outer edge of the body as possible to improve stability and make the station difficult to fall over.
* Simple and easy operation
With only two operation buttons of UP and ENTER in the center, operation is simple and easy. Even if you’re not familiar with operation of machines, you can operate it without difficulty.
* Iron holder with full of functions
An iron holder of the same color of a soldering station comes as a set. The highly functional iron holder not only improves ease of use, but also brings a sense of visual consistency to the work environment.
Blue & yellow
Strict temperature management* Digital displayThe FX-888D’s digital display makes it easy to check the set temperature at a glance.
* Password functionSettings can be locked using a password to prevent them from being changed unexpectedly. Of course, it is possible to restrict all setting changes or prevent users from switching to particular modes. It allows you to choose a style of usage best suited for your worksite.* Preset mode This feature is very convenient when you want to change the set temperature to suit a particular workpiece, component, or tip shape. Simply select the desired temperature from a selection of preset temperatures registered in advance. (Up to 5 preset temperatures can be registered.) Preset mode can save your trouble and improve workability.
* Adjustment mode Temperature adjustment* is an essential part of any strict quality control system. With adjustment mode, what used to be a troublesome procedure is now as simple as entering the measured tip temperature to FX-888D.*Adjust the tip temperature to match the set temperature in case that there is a difference between those temperatures due to tip shape, heater replacement, or other factors.
* Measuring tip temperature with a tip thermometer (HAKKO FG-100)Usage / Applications How to remove the bottom plate.
1. Press the slide lock button inward.
2. Open the iron holder base while pressing the slide lock.
3. Remove the solder waste in the bottom plate.